White Labs Servomyces Yeast Nutrients
Hopback Homebrewing Supplies
White Labs WLN3200 Servomyces Yeast Nutrient:
Servo is yeast and is propagated in a micronutrient rich environment then is killed off prior to packaging. Boiling incorporates the Servo into the wort. The benefit of Servo is that micronutrients, e.g. zinc, are able to pass through its cell walls to your live yeast cell, thereby delivering the micronutrients without toxicity. Because this system is so effective in eliminating autolysis and improving the health of your yeast, it should be used in every batch.
Servomyces is GMO free and was originally developed for German brewers by Weihenstephan and the Munich University. It conforms to the restrictions of Reinheitsgebot. Servomyces enables any yeast strain's ability to incorporate essential nutrients into its cellular structure.
Tested in breweries around the world, it has been proven to:
- Cut down fermentation time
- Increase flocculation
- Greatly reduce harsh sulfur notes
- Improve the health and viability of yeast
- Reduce levels of diacetyl at the end of primary fermentation
- Produce faster, more complete attenuations
Each packet contains 6 capsules, which can each be used for a 5-gallon (20-25L) batch of beer, wine mead or cider. The instructions are listed below:
- Add 1 capsule 10 minutes prior to the end of the boil.
- If your fermentation does not require a boil, open the capsule and pour in the Servomyces, since the capsule requires boiling to melt.
- Only one capsule is required per 5-gallon (20-25L) batch.
- Servomyces can be used an all fermentations, including beer, wine, cider and mead.